Tuesday 3 June 2014

Awesome Authors

Last week we were working on 'Show not Tell' stories.

We had to write about how we were feeling, without saying the word! We had to infer (give clues) instead by describing parts of our body and what they were doing.

See what a great job these  people did!

I woke up after a nightmare. I went to the door but it was so dark I could not see and it was really the fan. I banged my head. My eyes watered but I didn't cry. My mouth swaung completely open. My legs started to shake and I backed towards my bed. Athough it took a while I saw a bit of light. My arms reached for the handle of the door. And finally, finally it was the door.
By Matthew

Crack! My brother bounced on my favourite brush. My head banged down while I started to cry. My hands started to shake. My mouth went down. My feet just wanted to stomp. I felt like I would never get another one.
By Keeley

My eyes fluttered open as I lay in my bed and remembered my nightmare. My heart beat faster. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my teeth, trying to forget the dream. I but my lip while my body curled into a ball. My shoulders hunched over and I started breathing really fast. My stomach tightened and then tied into a knot. My breathing was stopping and starting and I hid my face in the pillow.
By Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment